Friday, June 8, 2012

PHOTO of the DAY: Indian at Heart

Last month, I was talking to one of my friends and she told me she was going to a Bollywood Dance class. I LOVE Indian culture (AND FOOD) so when I expressed my immediate excitement, she invited me to try the class out. So with my other adventurous friend, Miss Alice in Wonderland, I set out to try my very first Bollywood dance class. It was actually the last lesson for that term so everyone had already been learning the dance for months and we were CLEARLY first-timers. We weren't even prepared with gym clothes since we had come straight from work. Haha. Thick twill pants aren't exactly the most flexible or ideal workout wear. 

Obviously I do not have any pictures of us dancing (nor would I post such atrocities) but it was pretty hilarious because we had no idea what we were doing. I felt like Mr. Bean when he's just put himself in an awkward situation and he does a silly and utterly pathetic dance which only increases the awkwardness. That was us at this dance class. HAHAHAHA. Meanwhile, all the middle-aged Asian ladies were dancing perfectly to the choreography. 


I have to say, it was really fun. To all my Indian friends, you must teach me more dance moves because all I've got for reference is this.

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! please show me your moves when you come home. i live for such atrocities. and lol even before i clicked on the link, i already knew it would be TUNAK TUNAK. i think it deserves an appearance in your wedding playlist :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...