Sunday, July 17, 2011

giant robin's egg ring

I made another ring today! It looks like a giant robin's egg (I had to google that to make sure I knew what I was talking about...). Here's a picture to show you what I mean:


And here is my robin's egg ring! The actual robin's egg is a deeper turquoise colour, but my ring is more of a mint green + pale blue mixture. This ring was made from another vintage earring stud fixed onto a simple silver band.

Turquoise is one of my favourite colours so I like this ring a lot!
I have many more rings that are begging to be made... but right now I really should be sleeping. I'm leaving for Hong Kong on Tuesday, so I actually only have tomorrow to pack (hey... packing last-minute makes it all the more exciting)!!! I'll be gone for a MONTH but I'll still be posting (although it will probably be more vacation pictures than anything).

The last time I went to Hong Kong was 10 years ago, so I really don't know what to expect or what to do there. I'm hoping to find some places that sell jewelry supplies so I can make more rings like these! If any of you know where I could look for something like that, let me know! Or just leave me a comment suggesting touristy things that I should do while I'm there =) 


1 comment:

  1. try looking at shanghai street on the kowloon side.. they usually have lots of stores that sell DIY stuff..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...