Sunday, April 1, 2012

DIY: lace blouse + fishtail dress

I recently posted about 10 ways on how to style a plain blouse with black lace here. Well, in the end, I ended up deciding on going with option #11, which is slightly different. I cut off the middle flap of the blouse so that the black buttons that were underneath could be visible. Then I sewed the two lines of lace down either side of the buttons. I think this shirt would go best tucked into a pair of high waisted shorts which is probably what I'll be wearing in SUNNY SINGAPORE next week (CAN'T WAIT!!!)...


Afterwards, I searched online to see if there were similar styles, and I found these... complete with severed heads, how lovely.


So anyway, since I'm going on vacation this coming week, I'll probably be on a blog hiatus for a bit. But I'll take pictures and fill you all in on the adventures later. For now, here's another quick DIY idea: it's a dress that I revamped today (from a straight-edged skirt into an assymetrical fish-tail skirt) that I'll also be bringing with me on holiday. I intend to frolic and prance in this on the beach in... FOUR DAYS!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!?!) haha...


3 comments:

  1. where are you going?! ugh, can you pack me in your suitcase?i'm flexible!lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks super cute!

    & sorry it took me a while to respond but i used india ink, it works wonders =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur ideas!!
    can u revamp my entire wardrobe pls?? lol
    miss u lots!! can't wait to check out ur Thailand pics!
    ur gonna be so tanned in ur pics haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...